The Global Energy Conversation involved two innovative online events organised by The Economist which combined Cisco’s Telepresence suites with Wavecast® Pro. The project recently won Best Virtual Event 2012 at The Conference Awards.
Leading experts were brought together for over 3 hours in London, Singapore and Shanghai during the first event followed by London, San Paulo and Washington for the second. The video conference was re-broadcast at a peak to over 1500 concurrent users across 99 different countries.
- Live video – the video conference was re-broadcast to iOS devices and standard desktops.
- Social Media Sign-in – Facebook and Twitter supported.
- 27 Panellists, 52 Online Experts, Over 2,000 Active Participants.
- Live polls - 3 different polls ran to correspond with 3 separate sections of the live 90min broadcast.
- Question Voting - participants could address panellists directly.
- In-Feed Content - white papers, research reports and videos distributed through the activity feed.
- Viewing Pods - university lecture halls hosted the broadcast for group viewing.
"I think the event was really excellent, it was well organised connecting three parts of the world, and it was just a seamless lively discussion."Wim Thomas, Chief Energy Adviser, Royal Dutch Shell
A range of In-Feed assets were prepared in advance of the live broadcast and posted directly into the activity feed at relevant points in time.
Broadcast your next video conference to a global audience
Bring together a global panel of experts and an interactive social layer to create a novel online event format.Contact Us