The Global Healthcare Summit 2012 was broadcast live by Wavecast® Pro, from London to a global audience of passionate healthcare professionals. Users engaged from over 40 different countries with debate covering some serious global issues.
The live broadcast covered sessions in the morning of Day 1 and Day 2 of the summit. The whole programme was not broadcast. Each session and all the conversation associated with it was available immediately as it concluded for distribution across the globe.
- Live video - sessions were broadcast to HTML5 compliant devices, iOS devices and standard desktops. Each session was available immediately as it concluded through server side recording.
- Social Media Sign-in – Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter supported.
- Twitter - All tweets from #Econhealth were pulled in to the activity feed automatically (whitelisted ie. did not require moderation).
- Video Timestamping - users could “timestamp” favourite moments throughout the broadcast.
- Networking - audience members could connect with one another through the networking component.
- In-feed content - articles, related videos and various other background content was pushed into the activity feed throughout each session.